Are you concerned about the late payment surcharges due to the delay in the IESCO bill dispatched by Islamabad Electric Supply Company every month? Don’t panic! You can instantly check your IESCO online bill at pkbillchecker.pk by entering your 14-digit Reference Number in the input field and clicking the ‘Check Bill’ tab. Also, you can download IESCO duplicate bill online for residential and commercial connections and take its printout completely free.
What is Reference Number in IESCO Duplicate Bill?
The reference Number is a unique identification code specific to every electrical connection. It is used to check bills online, submit a billing complaint, or apply for a new meter connection. Don’t know where to find the Reference Number on IESCO duplicate bill? Check the below image, where we have highlighted the area for your comfort.
The Reference no. comprises 3 components: Sub-division, Batch Number, and Account Number. For example, if 01 14347 2678700 U is your Ref#, the first 2 digits (01) represent the Batch Number, the next 5 (14347) symbolize Sub-division, and the last 7 digits (2678700) are your Account Number.
How to Check IESCO Bill Online? Step-by-Step Guide
Pkbillchecker provides its customers with a quick and easy IESCO online bill check facility. Now, you can view your IESCO bill online from the comfort of your home just by following the below simple steps:
- Visit pkbillchecker.pk. Select ‘Electricity’ as Category and Bill Distribution Company as ‘IESCO’.
- Enter the 14-digit bill Reference Number and press the ‘Check Bill’.
- The IESCO online bill will appear on the screen carrying the complete overview of different bill components such as customer information, due date, previous bill history, and additional surcharges of the current month.
- You can also check their IESCO e-bill from the official website of the IESCO at https://iesco.com.pk/ or through the Web Portal of PITC at https://bill.pitc.com.pk/.
- By providing your Consumer ID or Ref # in the bill check category, you can view the duplicate IESCO bill Islamabad on any device (laptop, Android mobile, iOS).
Steps to Download and Print IESCO Online Bill
IESCO energy consumers can download their duplicate IESCO bill in a few steps:
- Access your IESCO online bill by following the above-mentioned simple steps.
- The download and print options will be displayed beside the duplicate bill copy on the screen. Click the ‘Download or Print’ tab as per your requirement.
- Also, you can download the IESCO web bill by clicking on the 3 dots on the top right side of your browser.
- Your IESCO bill will be saved in PDF on your laptop or Android mobile.
- For IESCO bill print, press CTRL+P, find the ‘print’ option in your browser, or visit IESCO PITC Web Bill Portal. Upon landing this link, you will see a Print option at the top from where you can command IESCO bill printing.
About IESCO: Islamabad Electric Supply Company
Islamabad Electric Supply Company (IESCO) was previously known as Islamabad Area Electricity Board (AEB). It was incorporated through amendments in the WAPDA Act 1981. Later, the Government of Pakistan approved the revamping of WAPDA, resulting in 12 corporate entities, including 1 National Transmission and Distribution Company, 3 Generation Companies (GENCOs), and 8 Distribution Companies (DISCOs) were formed.
IESCO is one of those 8 Distribution Companies in Pakistan, constituted in 1998 and was given a Distribution Company License by National Electric Power Regulatory Authority in 2001. The major role of the IESCO is to generate, supply, and distribute electricity to more than 3.6 million customers in the 6 administrative districts under its jurisdiction.
Vision and Mission Statement
To be an efficient and profitable Distribution Company in Pakistan, aiming to deliver high-quality and constant electricity supply in the areas under IESCO’s jurisdiction.
Islamabad Electric Supply Company’s mission is to achieve the following outcomes:
- To become a leading power Distribution Company in Pakistan.
- To provide uninterrupted energy supply to homes and industries for ensuring successful business in Pakistan.
- To minimize the probability of power theft, thus achieving the lowest loss of electricity.
- To produce more growth opportunities and profit for our employees and stakeholders.
Peak IESCO Hours
IESCO Peak Hours refer to the period during 24 hours when the electricity consumption is at its maximum. Therefore, IESCO recommends its users to reduce energy consumption during this period.
|Peak Hour Timing
|December to February
|5 PM – 9 PM
|March to May
|6 PM- 10 PM
|June to August
|7 PM- 11 PM
|September to November
|6 PM- 10 PM
Areas under IESCO’s Jurisdiction
The Islamabad Electric Company comprises 108 Grid Stations (carrying 5,224 MVA Capacity) to distribute energy to consumers through 951 Feeders. (carrying 5,224 MVA Capacity) to distribute energy to consumers through 951 Feeders. IESCO holds the responsibility for providing electricity to the following administrative districts of Islamabad:
- Federal Capital Islamabad
Moreover, IESCO has also divided its jurisdiction into 4 Circles, 19 Divisions, and 104 Sub-divisions to ensure an uninterrupted and smooth electricity supply. All Circles are managed by SEs (Superintending Engineers), subdivisions by SDOs (Sub Divisional Officers), and Divisions by XENs (Executive Engineers).
|Islamabad Division 1Islamabad Division 2Barakahu Division
|City DivisionCantt Division (Rawalpindi)Rawat DivisionSatellite Town DivisionWestridge DivisionTariqabad Division
|Attock DivisionTaxila DivisionPindigheb Division
|Jhelum Division 1Jhelum Division 2Gujar Khan Division
|Chakwal DivisionTalagang DivisionDhudial DivisionPind Dadan Khan Division
New Connection Procedure for IESCO
Applying for a new IESCO connection involves a few simple steps mentioned below:
- Download the New Connection application form from the Electricity New Connection web portal (ENC) here.
- Fill out the form by providing your credentials and attach the following documents with it:
- Attested CNIC copy of the applicant
- CNIC of 2 Witnesses
- 3 Copies of the application form
- Ownership Certficate
- The Applicant’s undertaking
- If you are a tenant, you also need a permission letter from the real owner of the property.
- Take the application form and documents to the IESCO office for verification.
- IESCO staff will issue a Demand Notice for payment. Pay the demand notice fee and attach it to the other documents too.
- Get verify your pay demand notice slip from IESCO staff, after which they will guide you about the complete procedure of the new connection installation and the expected time frame.
IESCO Complaint Cell and Customer Service Centres
IESCO customers can file their e-complaints by visiting the nearest Customer Care Center or contacting IESCO helpline numbers online. For offline complaints, consumers can visit the IESCO Office at the following address:
Street No. 40, Sector G-7/4 Islamabad
You can also send your query about IESCO billing errors, electricity theft in your area, or unexpectedly huge taxes on the bill to [email protected]. You may also contact IESCO Helpline at 118, telephone numbers 051-9252937, 051- 9252938, 051- 9252939 or Fax 051-9252927.
IESCO Bill Payment Modes
Offline Bill Payment
The offline bill payment method is a traditional way to pay your bills by hand. It includes various ways such as through designated banks, Post offices, NADRA Collection Points, Easypaisa and JazzCash Retailers, or the nearest shops. Other ways may be through a bank draft or cheque.
IESCO Online Bill Payment
IESCO provides an online bill-paying facility to its customers by which they can pay their utility bills from the comfort of their homes. Here, we have mentioned a few online bill-paying modes for your help:
Bill Payment through Mobile Apps
There are several online Android applications available to pay your IESCO online bill, and the most authentic mobile apps are Easypaisa and JazzCash. To pay bills through these apps, you must follow the below simple steps:
- Go to Google Play Store on your mobile and install Easypaisa or JazzCash app.
- Create your account using your CNIC and mobile number.
- Log in to your account by adding your username and password.
- Choose the billing Category and the Distribution Company from the list and press Enter.
- Click on the ‘Pay Bill Section’ where you will enter your Reference Number in the input field and press Enter.
- Choose your preferred payment method from the displayed list and clear the dues.
- You will be provided an MPIN code for payment authorization. After verification, you will also receive the receipt of payment through a registered Email address.
Online banking is a secure and convenient way of IESCO online bill payment. It provides 24/7 Customer Support and flexibility to choose the most suitable method, such as mobile banking apps, online transfers, and digital wallets. Moreover, Features like bill payment reminders, automated payments, and scheduled payments can help customers avoid late payments and penalties. So, follow the below quick steps to proceed with bill payment:
- Open an account in any Bank Branch in your area.
- Install the digital banking App of that bank in your mobile from Google Play Store.
- Create an online digital banking account by providing your valid credentials.
- Once registered, log in to your account by entering your username and password.
- Choose the bill category as IESCO from the display, enter your Reference Number, and hit the ‘Pay Bill’ tab.
- Select the payment method and easily clear the dues online, after which a payment receipt will be sent to your Email in a few moments.
Daraz Wallet is an e-wallet service that allows people to store and use digital money for various online transactions. It recently initiated an online bill payment system for Pakistan utility bill consumers. To use the Daraz Wallet:
- Install the Daraz Online Shopping App in your mobile.
- Register your new account with your mobile number or login with your existing email id.
- Tap on the ‘Wallet’ icon on display and click ‘Activate and Deposit’.
- Verify your mobile number by entering the SMS code in the input field. Your Daraz Wallet will be activated.
- Click on the ‘Pay’ option and select the bill type. Enter your IESCO bill Reference Number to get a duplicate bill online. Select the Payment option and press enter to complete the process.
Understanding IESCO Bill: Tax and Surcharges
Besides the cost of electricity consumption, you may have noticed the additional tax amount and surcharges in your IESCO bill. Usually, these surcharges vary in every month’s electricity bill based on the latest tariff rate, total energy consumption, and type of meter connection (domestic or industrial). Check out the below detail of each type of tax and the reason for their implementation in your electricity bill:
Electricity Duty is charged in IESCO electricity bill to generate revenue for the government to run different infrastructure projects, public welfare programs, and health. The government of Pakistan has set the ED charges to be 1.5& of the total electricity units consumed in a month.
TV License Fee
TV fee is fixed to be Rs. 35 per TV set for domestic users and Rs. 60 for industrial connections.
FPA stands for Fuel Price Adjustment Charges in IESCO bills. The FPA surcharge varies depending on the latest fuel price (crude oil) set by the Rental Power Companies in Pakistan.
TR Surcharge refers to the ‘Tariff Rationalization’ cost determined by the difference in the NEPRA and Government of Pakistan tariff rates. GOP provides ‘Subsidy’ in consumer bills for a positive TR value. However, IESCO pays the additional charges to GOP as IDTR SUR (Inter DISCO Tariff Rationalization Surcharge) for a negative TR difference.
Financing Cost or FC Surcharge is charged 0.43 Paisa/Unit in the IESCO consumer bill to save debt collection servicing of the Power Holding Private Limited. Its calculation formula is:
FC Surcharge= Total Electric Units Consumed*0.43
It is an unpaid bill payable by the IESCO consumer to the Distribution Company. In this, IESCO provides payment relief to the customer by providing the facility of installments without paying late surcharges.
QTR Tariff Adj/DMC
QTR refers to Quarterly Tariff Adjustment charges in IESCO, Islamabad bill that is applied in consumer bills after every 3 months. This tax applies to domestic users consuming above 300 units while commercial consumers even on a single unit. Its calculation formula is:
QTR Tariff= Total units consumed * 1.65
General Sales Tax in IESCO Bills
GST, or General Sales Tax, is determined by the GOP, considering electricity taxable as 17 % of the total bill. Its calculation formula is:
GST= Variable charges+ ED+FC Surcharge)* 0.17
Updating Customer’s Mobile Number in IESCO Consumer Bill
IESCO allows customers to change or update their mobile numbers against Reference Numbers. To avail of this service, click the link here. A form will appear on the screen where you need to enter your reference no. and mobile number without dashes. Click Next to send your application for a change in the mobile number in the IESCO record.
IESCO Online Bill Email Subscription
Pkbillchecker.pk provides an email subscription service to its consumers to provide them with monthly electricity bills and the latest news through Email. We will notify you about all electricity-related updates, the current month’s electric bill, and the payment due date. So, provide your Email address and bill Reference Number below to subscribe to our email service.
Frequently Asked Questions