Have you yet to receive your FESCO consumer bill for the current month? Don’t worry; you can check your FESCO online bill for residential or commercial connections at the Pkbillchecker and download or print its duplicate copy free of cost. Faisalabad Electricity Supply Company’s consumers can view their FESCO bills online with a complete overview of the recent bill amount, due date, and detail of the FESCO taxes or surcharges. So, enter your 14-digit Reference Number and press ‘Enter’ to get the duplicate FESCO bill.
What is FESCO Reference Number, and From Where Can it be Found?
A FESCO bill Reference Number is a unique identification number for every consumer or type of electricity connection. You can see it at the top left columns of your FESCO duplicate bill just below the Consumer ID. Still can’t find the ref# on the duplicate FESCO bill? See the image below, highlighting the area for your ease.
The 14-digit Reference Number comprises 3 components: Batch Number, Sub-division, and Account Number. For example, if 08 12341 0876001 U is your specific Ref#, the first 2 digits (08) symbolize the Batch Number, the next 5 (12341) indicate your Sub-division, and the last 7 digits (0876001) show your Account Number.
- Go to the pkbillchecker.pk and click ‘FESCO’ as your Distribution Company.
- Put your 14-digit reference number in the online FESCO bill check input field and hit the ‘Enter’ tab.
- The FESCO duplicate bill will instantly appear on your laptop or mobile screen, where your can view your total bill amount, due date, and additional surcharges added to your current month’s bill.
- You can also check your FESCO online bill from the official website of the FESCO at http://fesco.com.pk/ or through the online Web Portal of PITC. By entering the Consumer ID or Reference Number in the FESCO bill check category, you will view the duplicate bill instantly on your device.
How to Download and Print FESCO Online Bill?
Follow the below-mentioned easy steps to download or print your FESCO e-bill instantly:
- Get access to your online FESCO bill by following the above steps.
- A download option may be visible on the screen along the bill copy, or you may find it by clicking 3 dots on the top right side of the browser.
- After clicking the download option, your duplicate FESCO bill PDF will be instantly saved on your laptop or mobile.
- Press CTRL+P if you’re using a laptop or click on the ‘Print’ option on mobile to get a printout of your electricity bill.
FESCO stands for Faisalabad Electric Supply Company. It is an ex-WAPDA Distribution Company (DISCO) and one of Pakistan’s largest Power-supplying companies. As per the Distribution License by the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA Act), FESCO is responsible for generating, transmitting, and distributing electricity to about 5 million customers under its jurisdiction, with a population of around 26 million. Also, due to its best operational performance and lesser distribution loss, FESCO is considered one of Pakistan’s leading electricity distribution companies.
FESCO’s mission is to provide a high-quality and affordable electricity supply to Faisalabad energy consumers. FESCO aspires to transform into a viable entity to compete with the latest trends in the industrial and agricultural sectors.
Faisalabad Electric Supply Company (FESCO) is a Government-owned Distribution Company covering an area of around 36, 122 square kilometers. Its main Headquarter is in Faisalabad. Along its boundaries, FESCO links to LESCO in the East, GEPCO in the North, and MEPCO in the South. It provides and maintains energy distribution services to the following 8 regions of Faisalabad, including villages and small towns managed by these regions:
|Toba Tek Singh
FESCO Peak Hours refer to the period of the day when the demand and consumption of electricity are highest in the Faisalabad region. During this period, FESCO may implement some energy-saving measures to reduce electricity usage, such as increasing the cost of electricity, implementing un-scheduled load shedding, or spreading awareness among people about the importance of energy conservation.
The Peak electricity hours for Faisalabad electricity consumers are mentioned below:
|Peak Electricity Hours
|6:30 PM to 10:30 PM
|6 PM to 10 PM
Faisalabad Electric Supply Company offers its valued customers a range of offline and online bill payment methods. For offline payment, customers can pay their bills at any designated customer service center of FESCO, authorized banks, post offices, or through EasyPaisa or JazzCash retailers. Moreover, customers can also pay their bills through a bank draft or cheque. These offline bill-pay methods provide flexibility to customers who prefer traditional modes of payment.
Online FESCO Bill Payment
Apart from offline payment, FESCO also facilitates its customers by providing several online bill payment ways such as mobile wallets, online mobile apps, digital banking, or transaction through credit or debit cards. Online FESCO bill payment methods are more secure, convenient, and time-saving, which help consumers to pay their electricity bills without waiting for hours in long queues or visiting the Customer Care offices every month.
In Pakistan, electricity bill includes several types of taxes or surcharges in addition to the cost of electricity consumption. Generally, these charges vary in energy bills depending on the type of electricity connection, the amount of energy consumed in a month, and the latest tariff rate. Consumers should understand the type of taxes included in their monthly energy bills, such as:
Tariff Rationalization Surcharge or TR refers to the difference in the tariff rate of NEPRA and GOP. If the TR surcharge is ‘Positive,’ then it will be payable by the Government of Pakistan as a ‘Subsidy’ in the consumer bill. If the difference is ‘Negative,’ then FESCO pays the amount to GOP as IDTR SUR (Inter DISCO Tariff Rationalization Surcharge).
Deferred Amount charges represent any outstanding amount or a portion of an electricity bill that a customer owes to the electricity provider and has been postponed to be paid later. The deferred bill amount can be paid in the same month or with the next bills in installments without paying the late surcharges.
In the FESCO electricity bill, QTR Tariff refers to the Quarterly Tariff Rate for which electricity consumption is charged for 3 months. QTR surcharge is added to the electricity bill based on the difference between the actual cost of generating electricity and the tariff set by the government. The surcharge rate is determined by NEPRA and is reviewed and revised quarterly.
FESCO Online Bill SMS Subscription
FESCO has recently introduced an SMS alert service for its valuable customers to help them keep updated regarding billing information. So, enter your billing reference number without space and mobile number here and register at FESCO’s website to get the latest information, including bill due date, current per unit price, latest tariff, and other important details through sms notifications. For more information, check FESCO SMS Service.
New FESCO Connection and Transfer Procedure
- Download the FESCO new connection application form from the official website of FESCO or the Electricity New Connection Portal (ENC) at http://enc.com.pk/.
- Fill out the application form and take its printout.
- Attach the following documents with the duly filled application form and send it to the FESCO office:
- Three copies of the application form
- Attested Copy of CNIC of the applicant and 2 witnesses
- Ownership documents
- The undertaking of the Applicant
- Permission letter or NOC from the real owner/owners of the property
- The office staff will check the application form and verify your documents, after which a demand notice will be issued.
- Pay the demand notice fee, attach the slip with the documents and send it to the FESCO office.
- After verifying the pay slip, the FESCO staff informs you about the expected time frame and the cost of the new meter connection and transfer procedure.
Helpline and Complaint Center
Fesco has provided several ways to help customers resolve their electricity-related issues. You can call FESCO Helpline 118 or SMS 8118 for assistance regarding online registration of FESCO complaints, inquiries about unscheduled load shedding, or incorrect bill. FESCO consumers can also contact the FESCO office through the following helpline and complaint numbers:
- Telephone: +92 (41) 9220184, 9220229
- UAN#: 080066554
- Fax: +92 (41) 9220233
- Sub-division Complaint Number: 0345- 1502671
- SDO Contact Number: 041- 8500300, 0345- 1501539
Frequently Asked Questions