Previously, applying for a new electricity meter was much more hectic and time-wasting. You had to visit the PESCO office repeatedly to apply for the new connection and discuss the issues with the staff. However, nowadays, Peshawar Electric Supply Company has initiated its online services for consumers to apply for PESCO new connection and track its status online.
Now, you don’t need to visit PESCO Customer Care Center; instead, you can perform all the related steps comfortably from your home or office, i.e., applying for a new PESCO connection, attaching the required documents, Tracking Demand Notice status, and submitting the fee online.
Documents Required to Apply for PESCO New Connection
Before applying for PESCO new connection online, you must have scanned copies of all the required documents in JPG/PDF with a maximum file size of 300KB. Following is the list of documents required to apply for new residential, commercial, or agricultural connection PESCO:
- Attested Copy Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) of the Applicant and Witness
- Wiring Contractor’s Test Report
- Ownership Documents (Registry or Allotment Letter)
- Neighbor’s PESCO Bill copy of the previous month
- The Undertaking of the applicant to ensure that there’s no previous connection already installed at this location and no outstanding dues are pending towards the applicant.
- In case of more than one property owner, you need ‘power Of Attorney’ attested by Oath Commissioner in favor of the applicant.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) if the applicant is a Tenant.
- A copy of the concerned Tariff
- Charge Creation Certificate from Security and Exchange Commission
Commercial and Industrial Connection
To apply for a commercial PESCO new connection, you also need an Affidavit along with all the above documents. Similarly, for an industrial connection, you need the following additional documents to attach to the application form:
- Affidavit Form
- Resolution from the Board of Directors in favor of Signatory
- Attested copy of Form-29
- Certified of Memorandum of Articles of Association
PESCO New Connection: Online Application Procedure and Step-by-Step Guide
Submitting the online application to install a new PESCO meter is hassle-free and quick. You don’t need to visit the PESCO office to get the application form or check your demand notice’s status. Instead, you can complete all the procedures online by following the simple steps below on your laptop or mobile. However, we recommend using a laptop as it’s more convenient to follow the steps on a laptop than on a mobile.
First Step: Complete PESCO New Connection Application Form
- First, visit the official PESCO website at https://pesco.com.pk/ or the Electricity New Connection Portal link at http://enc.com.pk/.
- On the official website, click the ‘Customer services’ section at the left side of the Homepage and then go to the ‘New Connection’ tab. It will lead you to the ENC Portal, where you can apply for a new PECO meter connection.
- Here, you will see multiple options available on the left-hand side of the display, such as Track, Apply, Change, Print Form and Demand Notice (DN), Upload Documents, and Pay Demand Notice tabs.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ section to proceed with the application process. A New Connection Application Form will open where you have to choose your Distribution Company as PESCO, Category Type, Sub Division, and PESCO bill Reference Number.
- After providing the above information, a detailed form will appear on the screen. Here, you need to select the Connection Type for which you’re applying for a new connection, i.e., Domestic, Commercial, Industrial, Tubewell, Street Light, etc.
- In the next section, select the Applicant’s Status as Landlord (if you’re the real property owner) or Tenant (if you’re living on rent). Enter the Applicant’s Name, Address, CNIC Number, and Mobile Number. Make sure to provide accurate information.
- In Contact Person Information, enter the required information of the person (other than the applicant) to whom the company can contact. However, you can also check the box ‘Same as Above.’
- Enter the Premises detail in the next section in which you must select the number of meters installed at that place (you can select ‘O’ if no meter is already installed there. Choose the Minimum Load in KWh and the address of the premises.
- The last step of the online electricity meter application PESCO is to upload the required documents. Click on the ‘Browse’ tab to upload the documents. Ensure all the documents are in JPG/PDF and the maximum file size is 300KB.
- After completing all the steps, finally, you will check the box ‘I Agree’ to the Terms and Conditions and press Submit icon. Your online PESCO new connection application is submitted to the ENC portal.
Second Step: PESCO New Connection and Demand Notice Tracking
After completing the online application form, you will get a Tracking I’d or Application Number. You will use this number to track your application and Demand Notice status. For this, click the Track tab on the ENC portal and check the new connection section.
Choose the Distribution Company and put your Tracking number in the input field. If the status shows ‘Completed,’ your demand notice is ready to download and pay.
Third Step: Pay the PESCO Demand Notice Fee 2023 and Upload Receipt
You can pay the PESCO Demand Notice fee in the nearest Bank branch or through ENC by clicking on the ‘Pay DN’ tab. You can confirm the charges from the official website of PESCO.
To upload the receipt of paid Demand Notice to the ENC, print it from the portal and upload its scanned copy in JPG or PDF. After paying the charges, PESCO will inform you about the estimated time frame or cost of the new connection installation.
Applying for a PESCO New Connection online is a much easier and quicker process. You don’t need to visit PESCO’s Customer Care Centers; all the steps will be completed online, i.e., getting the application form, paying the Demand Notice fee, uploading the documents, or tracking the application status.
You can also check: